Recipe: The Best Ever Carrot CakeMona
Who doesn’t love a good carrot cake? Our easy-to-make carrot cake recipe is super delicious and flavoursome, and made with an irresistible cream cheese frosting! This homemade treat is perfect for any occasion and is guaranteed to impress your family and friends.
The best thing about this carrot cake recipe is that you don’t have to be a pro to create this tantalising, heavenly dessert! This easy-to-follow recipe is suitable for everyone, whether you’re a beginner in the kitchen or an avid baker. So, what are you waiting for? Let’s get baking because this is hands down the best carrot cake you will ever have!
Creamy Carrot Cake with Almonds & Cream Cheese Frosting
375g carrots, grated
2 teaspoons baking powder
250g caster sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon (or to your taste)
200g almond meal
Cream Cheese Frosting:
300g cream cheese
100g power sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 teaspoon lemon juice
Garnish: crushed almonds, pistachios or lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Grease the cake tin. We use a 25cm / 10-inch round cake tin.
- Combine eggs, sugar, oil, cinnamon – in this order – until well combined. Add the carrots and almond meal.
- Sieve the flour and baking powder into a bowl then add to the other ingredients.
- Place the batter into a greased cake tin and bake at 180 degrees for 40-50 minutes
- While the cake is cooking, combine the cream cheese with the lemon juice and vanilla essence. Stir with a whisk until smooth. Slowly, add in sugar and mix to combine.
- After baking, cool the cake and apply the frosting. Garnish as desired.
Wanna try this carrot cake recipe? We have the perfect baking tools to help you with this. Discover our measuring set, scales, whisk, zester and more here. All of our gadgets are made of stainless steel and built to last.