Celebrate Mum: 4 Family Recipes Handed Down from Mum’sMona
This Sunday marks Mother’s Day and there’s no better way to celebrate mum with delicious family recipes that remind you of her or a recipe that’s been passed on from one generation to another.
To celebrate the mother figure in your life, ClickClack is giving you the chance to win an incredible ClickClack prize pack, comprising an 8-piece Gadget set, 10-piece Pantry set, 3-piece Cook+ set and 3-piece Daily set.
To enter, all you need to do is submit a recipe (including a photo) that has been passed down from your mum figure in your life or reminds you of her via firstname.lastname@example.org. You have until June 9th 2021 to submit your entry.*
To kickstart, the team at ClickClack has shared four of their favourite family recipes, all passed down from mum. From a traditional rocky road and a juicy apple cake to a delightful red cabbage side from Austria, these family recipes are too good not to try!
Rocky Road by Kelly’s Mum
2 packets of super wine or vanilla wine biscuits
1 tin of condensed milk
250 g of butter
2-3 tbsp of cocoa powder
3-5 Moro bars
1 packet of marshmallows (small ones)
- Break up biscuits in a bowl. Put aside.
- In a large saucepan, put butter (cubed), cocoa powder and condensed milk. Melt over a low heat.
- Cut Moro bars up into small pieces. Put aside.
- When the ingredients are melted and combined, pour the mixture over the biscuits and add the Moro bars and marshmallows. Stir well until all mixed together.
- Put into a dish and refrigerate until firm. Cut into pieces and enjoy.
Austrian Red Cabbage with Apples by Mona’s Mum
500-800g red cabbage
1 onion (cubed)
2 apples (cubed)
1 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp vinegar
1 bay leave
2 tsp flour
4 tbsp red wine
Approx. 300 g beef or vegetable stock
- Wash the cabbage before grating or thinly slicing it into fine stripes.
- Preheat the pan and melt the butter. Add cubed onions, sugar and cubed apple pieces. After five minutes add the cabbage and immediately pour vinegar in (this helps to keep the colour). Steam 10 minutes with closed lid.
- Add stock, salt and spices.
- Steam at least for 1 hour, but can be a lot longer too (the longer the better). Cabbage needs to be soft. If required, add more stock/water. When the cabbage is soft, taste and add salt, flour to bind it and red wine.
This is the ideal side dish for roasts, chicken or beef.
Sausage Rolls by Maddie’s Mum
500g sausage mince
200g pork mince
1 carrot, finely grated
1 cup breadcrumbs
2 tbsp chopped parsley
1/2 tsp grated nutmeg
Salt & pepper
2 eggs 1 for mixture and 1 for glazing
Dash of milk
- Pre-heat oven to 200 Celsius degrees.
- Mix all ingredients together with only one egg until well combined
- Put into a piping bag and squeeze out a sausage shape along the puff pastry. Brush edges with glazing egg mixed with milk and roll up to seal the join.
- Place onto greased baking tray and glaze the top and sprinkle with sesame or poppy seeds if desired.
- Bake in pre-heated oven from 20 minutes or until golden and cooked.
The recipe makes about 30-40 little sausage rolls.
Apple Cake by Jackie’s Mum
125 g butter, softened
125 g sugar
10g baking powder
250 g flour
1 1/2kg apples, peeled
Butter to grease the tin
- Mix the softened butter with sugar and eggs in a bowl. In a separate bowl mix the sieved flour with the baking powder. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients bit by bit.
- Cut the apples into slices and roll them in a bit of flour.
- Put about half of the dough in the greased cake tin. Place the apples (about half) in a circular shape inside the dough. Pour the rest of the dough on top as well as the rest of the apples.
- Back the cake for about 55 minutes in the pre-heated oven (200 Celsius degrees, upper/lower heat) on the bottom of the oven.
Want to test these family recipes yourself? We have the perfect baking and cooking utensils to help you. Discover our measuring set, scales, whisk, zester and more here. All of our gadgets are made of stainless steel and built to last.
*Terms and conditions:
By entering this giveaway, you will be bound by these Terms & Conditions and you acknowledge that you satisfy all eligibility requirements.
Eligibility: Open to residents of New Zealand and Australia. Employees of ClickClack, their immediate families or any other persons directly or indirectly connected with the competition are not eligible to enter any competition.
Entry Period: This giveaway begins on May 9 2021 and ends on June 9 2021 at 11:59 pm (NZST).
How to enter: During the entry period, submit a recipe (including a photo) that has been handed down by the mum in your life or reminds you on her via email@example.com. Multiple entries are permitted as long as each email includes a different recipe.
Please note, by submitting the recipe you agree that the recipe can be used by ClickClack for marketing purposes including on social media, website and email.
Prize: One (1) prize will be awarded which consist of: an 8-piece Gadget set, 10-piece Pantry set, 3-piece Cook+ set and 3-piece Daily set (valued at approximately NZ$360). The shipping of the prize pack is free of charge. The prize pack cannot be exchanged in cash.
Drawing: The winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries collected during the entry period. The drawing will be conducted by ClickClack. The winner will be notified by email. There will be three (3) contact attempts within 7 days made. Inability of ClickClack to contact the winner by email, may result in disqualification of the winner and an alternate winner may be selected in a random drawing at ClickClack’s discretion.
General terms: ClickClack reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to refuse, disqualify or withdraw any entry at any time. ClickClack will not be responsible for any injury, damage or loss of any kind arising out of your participation in the giveaway.